Λαδορεβανί (ladorevani) is a delicious vegan and lent cake featuring olive oil, semolina, fresh oranges and sugar.
Here is a simple recipe from Flavours & Flair, which is ideal during lent and any time of the year.
– 4 x cups fine semolina
– 4 x cups coarse semolina
– 4 x cups sugar, extra for sprinkling
– 2 x cups olive oil
– 7 x cups water
– 1 x cup orange juice
– zest of 1 orange
– 2 x teaspoons baking powder
– 1 x teaspoon vanilla sugar
– cherries, to garnish (optional)
– In a saucepan add sugar, water and oil and bring to a boil.
– Lower heat and slowly add in semolina, orange juice, zest, baking powder and vanilla sugar, mixing constantly with wooden spoon so it won’t stick.
– When semolina begins to unstick from pan, take off heat.
– Place mixture in large baking dish and flatten the top with spatula.
– Cut into diamond shapes and sprinkle with sugar.
– Place in 180 degrees (preheated) oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
– Allow to cool and place fresh cherries on top.
*For more Greek recipes flavoursandflair.com