Λαδορεβανί (ladorevani) is a delicious vegan and lent cake featuring olive oil, semolina, fresh oranges and sugar.
Here is a simple recipe from Flavours & Flair, which is ideal during lent and any time of the year.
– 4 x cups fine semolina
– 4 x cups coarse semolina
– 4 x cups sugar, extra for sprinkling
– 2 x cups olive oil
– 7 x cups water
– 1 x cup orange juice
– zest of 1 orange
– 2 x teaspoons baking powder
– 1 x teaspoon vanilla sugar
– cherries, to garnish (optional)
– In a saucepan add sugar, water and oil and bring to a boil.
– Lower heat and slowly add in semolina, orange juice, zest, baking powder and vanilla sugar, mixing constantly with wooden spoon so it won’t stick.
– When semolina begins to unstick from pan, take off heat.
– Place mixture in large baking dish and flatten the top with spatula.
– Cut into diamond shapes and sprinkle with sugar.
– Place in 180 degrees (preheated) oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
– Allow to cool and place fresh cherries on top.
Former ancient temple on Greece’s Athenian Acropolis, the Parthenon, will be brought to life…
Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi, best known for his song ‘Despacito’ featuring rapper Daddy…