Okra (Μπάμιες κοκκινιστές) are full of nutrients and vitamins, including protein, zinc, potassium, magnesium, folate and calcium.
Here is a fresh and flavoursome sautéed okra with fresh tomatoes and onion recipe, which you can whip up in 30 minutes.
– 500 x grams okra
– 1 x white onion, chopped
– 3 x ripe tomatoes, grated
– 1/2 x cup white vinegar
– 1/2 x cup olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
– Wash the okra and trim pointy ends off.
– Place okra in bowl and cover with cold water. Add vinegar and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
– Drain, pat dry and set okra aside.
– Add olive oil in pan and allow to heat.
– Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Take sautéed onion out of pan and place on a dish.
– Add okra into pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
– Add onions back in with grated tomato.
– Season with salt and pepper, stir and allow to cook for 20 minutes on low to medium heat (stirring a few times). Place in serving dish and serve.
*For more Greek recipes flavoursandflair.com