This dish is known as Kritharaki, Manestra, and Orzo- no matter what you wish to call it- it’s definitely a delicious and simple recipe.
This one pot wonder requires only a few key ingredients and can be whipped up in 30 minutes, making it an ideal mid-week meal.
Sprinkle Feta on top or any cheese of your choice to give it some added flavour!
– 1/2 x cup olive oil
– 500 x grams Orzo
– 6 x ripe tomatoes
– 1 x large Spanish onion
– 2 x cloves garlic
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1.5 x litres water
– Blend or grate tomatoes and set aside.
– Finely chop onion and garlic.
– Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 30 seconds.
– Add tomato sauce and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
– Add Orzo and pour in water. Add salt and pepper and stir.
– Allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently so it won’t stick (add more water if required during cooking period).
*Recipe and image by flavoursandflair.com (Copyright)