This string beans with baby potatoes in a fresh tomato sauce recipe is a very popular Greek vegan dish (fasolakia ladera) that is also a one pot wonder!
The key ingredient to this delicious plate is the good Greek olive oil, which is at the heart of all good Greek cooking.
– 1 x kg string beans, washed & ends trimmed
– 8 x baby potatoes, peeled & halved
– 5 x ripe Roma tomatoes, blended into a sauce
– 1 x Spanish onion, finely chopped
– 1 x clove garlic, finely chopped
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1/3 x cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 x cups water
– Add oil to large saucepan and add string beans. Saute for two minutes.
– Add fresh tomato sauce, onion and garlic and saute for another few minutes.
– Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper and stir.
– Lower heat to medium and allow to cook with lid on, for 50 minutes or until beans are tender and water has reduced. Stir frequently.
*Recipe and image from flavoursandflair.com (Copyright)
Manos Hatzidakis is known as one of Greece’s absolute legends in the music industry. He was a Greek composer and… Read More
The new temporary exhibition 'Glorious Victories. Between Myth and History' at the National Archaeological Museum, was inaugurated by Greece's Minister of… Read More
Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis was the special guest for the Hellenic Initiative Australia's inaugural Digital Conversation Series, which took place… Read More