Investigation into Australian Instagram model’s death continues in Kefalonia  


Aussie instagram model Sinead Mcnamara

Greek port authorities are soon expected to reveal the preliminary findings of a post-mortem examination into the death of Australian Instagram model, Sinead McNamara, 20, who was found unconscious on a superyacht in Kefalonia.

The model was working her final day on the luxury US$140m Mayan Queen IV and reportedly died while being flown to hospital.

The $200 million superyacht is owned by billionaire businessman Alberto Baillères, who left the boat 48 hours before Ms McNamara’s body was found.

What happened during that 48 hours is now at the centre of this investigation, as authorities work to establish who was onboard with Ms McNamara at the time and what led to her mysterious death.

Sinead McNamara

Investigators told media that crew member found Ms McNamara hanging on the rear deck of the vessel.

Local reports claim the Sydney-based Instagram influencer took her own life and have quoted a cryptic message that appeared on Sinead’s  Instagram page stating, “My head is all over the shop today,” she wrote, along with emojis of a volcano, a tornado and a needle with blood dripping from it. Ms Mcnamara shared an image of herself on a quad bike and added: “Take me back to this where my only worry was not cracking my skull open.”

The tragedy came as her mother and sister were making their way to Greece to join Ms McNamara for a holiday. They were reportedly told the news while in transit.

Mining magnate Alberto Bailleres is reportedly staying in his family mansion in Mexico City and has remained silent since Ms McNamara’s death and is not under any investigation himself.

The luxury vessel was to remain moored at the Greek port of Kefalonia until the investigation into the model’s death was wrapped up but was given permission to depart yesterday.

Greek investigators allowed the yacht to leave after reviewing CCTV footage from the six-story vessel on the night the young model died, local media reported.

But Kefalonia’s police port official Stamatis Limenos said detectives investigating the death were still gathering evidence and the inquiry was ongoing.