Two new cafés that recently opened their doors in Thessaloniki and Athens have both been named as one of the top 10 hottest new cafés in the world, according to leading publication Venue Report.
Ypsilon café in Thessaloniki and Papillon Bistrot in Athens have both made the prestigious list “2018’s Hottest New Café Openings Across the Globe.”
The list features 85 places around the world and the team looked for hotspots all across the globe “for the latte lovers, the espresso experts, and the coffee curious who would like to try the best new beans and teas.”
Thessaloniki’s stunning café Ypsilon came in at number three, with Venue Report saying, “Thessaloniki is a haven for all-day coffee shops, yet the architectural detailing and light-filled setting at Ypsilon make this new Greek café stand out. Opened last August, the café offers coffee, small bites, and cocktails in a space that aims to be known as an art space too.”
Athens’ stylish Papillon Bistro came in at number 10 with the magazine saying, “Papillon’s beautiful bistro space opened in late December in Athens. The all-day dining spot is an easy place to land for a coffee, a lavish lunch or an evening pick-me-up.
Here are the Top 10 hottest new cafes for 2018, according to Venue Report:
- Bentwood Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia
- Café in the Drifter Hotel, New Orleans, US
- Ypsilon, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Great White, California, US
- Flora Caffe, Mexico City, Mexico
- La Mercerie, New York, US
- Cooking Bar Café in Long Story Short, Czech Republic
- Maison Chatenet, Bangkok, Thailand
- Houndstooth Coffee, Austin, US
- Papillon Bistrot, Athens, Greece