In a mini cabinet reshuffle on Friday, Greek Prime Minister Alexis replaced five of his Ministers while giving up his own role as Foreign Minister, a post he temporarily filed following the departure of Nikos Kotzias in October.
The announcement was made by government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos, who stated that:
- Giorgos Katrougalos will replace Tsipras as Foreign Minister
- Sia Anagnostopoulou is to take over as alternate foreign minister, handling European affairs, a post previously filled by Katrougalos
- Eleftheria Hatzigeorgiou will serve as new Deputy Minister for Macedonia-Thrace, replacing Katerina Notopoulou
- Constantinos Barkas will take over from Thanassis Iliopoulos as Deputy Minister for Social Security
- Thanos Moraitis will take over as Deputy Minister at the Ministry for Infrastructure
- Angelos Tolkas will be appointed Deputy Minister at the country’s Ministry for Migration
The new ministers will be sworn in on Monday, following Tsipras’s return from Berlin.