A man who was out on parole has been arrested after fatally shooting four men, including 57-year-old Greek Australian man Michael Sisois, in an hour-long rampage on June 4 in Darwin, police said.

Police said they expected to lay further charges against the 45-year-old man at a later date.

The man has been remanded in custody to appear via video link in Darwin local court at 10am  on Friday.

He also faces two counts of recklessly endangering serious harm and one charge of criminal damage.

 

*Police arrest the gunman

Mr Sisois, 57, was the third of four men to be killed on Tuesday night during a shooting rampage, He was killed at the Buff Club in Stuart Park shortly after 6 pm.

 

On Thursday, friends and family attended the Buff Club to lay flowers in Mr Sisois’s memory.

He was a tradesman and passionate fisherman who arrived in Darwin in 1970 with his parents and six siblings, from the island of Kalymnos in Greece.

“Michael was a much-loved son, brother, and uncle. He loved and adored his nephews and his nieces like they were his own,” his nephew Charlie Maillis told media.

“He never did anything to harm a fly, he could never hurt anyone. I don’t know why he deserved it.”

The other victims were 52-year-old New Zealand national Robert Courtney, a security guard at a Darwin casino, Hassan Baydoun, 33, a taxi driver from Darwin who had been staying at the Blue Palms motel and the fourth was 75-year-old Nigel Hellings.


X