Alexandroupolis
A 70-year-old man lost his life on Christmas Day, when a fire broke out for unknown reasons in his apartment in the city of Alexandroupolis, in northern Greece.

According to reports, as flames engulfed the apartment, a neighbour rushed to help the elderly man but it was too late.

Notably, the neighbour was found unconscious on location by firefighters and rushed to the Alexandroupolis University General Hospital.

Several firefighting crews were involved in extinguishing the fire and thanks to their immediate intervention, the fire was limited to the apartment and did not spread throughout the building.