Greece’s Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis is making good on his word to attract foreign investment to the country. With a ministerial delegation concluding meetings in Japan today, to China’s COSCO confirming it will continue to invest in Greece, after China and the USA, the Prime Minister is landing in Paris today pursuing his foreign policy and investment agenda.
Mitsotakis is scheduled to meet French President Emmanuel Macron and later in the day he will travel to Brussels for a working dinner with President of the European Council Charles Michel.
Meanwhile the Greek PM had already sent a delegation ahead of himself to Paris which is expected to conclude its meetings today.
Environment and Energy Minister Kostis Hatzidakis is in Paris for investment appointments and to attend the Greek-French forum "Greece, a strategic partner in SE Europe: Confidence returns", held by the Greek-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry today, Wednesday.
Hatzidakis will discuss investment opportunities in Greece with top managers of French companies, including EDF (major power provider), RTE (electricity transmitter), TOTAL (which has signed concessions for hydrocarbon explorations in Greece), Imerys (one of the largest mine operators globally), Engie, Akuo Energy, Eren, Valorem, Eiffage and Vinci Energy. The Minister is also scheduled to pay a visit to the headquarters and the plants of two waste-processing companies, Suez and Veolia.
Meanwhile, Finance Minister Christos Staikouras is also on a two-day visit which concludes today with a meeting with his French counterpart, Bruno Le Maire, with whom they will jointly open the forum titled "Greece, a strategic partner in SE Europe: Confidence returns", organised by the Greek-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry. They will also sign a joint statement of intent on the Greek-French economic partnership.
On the sidelines of the forum, Staikouras will meet with representatives of financial institutions such as Societe Generale, BNP-Paribas and Lazard.
The Prime Minister’s program is as follows, in Athens time:
- 14:25 Greek Prime Minister will be received by the President of France at Elysee Palace
- 14:30 Expanded bilateral talks at a working lunch by the French president including delegations of both countries
- 15:30 Mitsotakis to meet privately with Macron
- 15:45 Joint statements to the media by Macron and Mitsotakis
- 16:30 Mitsotakis meets with business owners; he will also hold investment appointments on the sidelines of the Greek-French forum "Greece, a strategic partner in SE Europe: Confidence returns", held by the Greek-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry. A broad delegation of key ministers who accompany Premier Mitsotakis will also hold investments meetings with representatives of major French companies attending the forum.
- 20:00 Departure of Mitsotakis for Brussels, where he will have a working dinner with European Council President Michel.