Greece’s Health Ministry on Monday issued a series of basic protection measures for citizens in an effort to deter and combat the transmission of the novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
The measures which focus on basic hygiene rules were issued following the government’s emergency meeting concerning the developing pandemic after the first European country, Italy recorded a staggering 157 infection cases.
The protection measures are as follows:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water or a disinfectant solution.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with an elbow or a tissue and wash hands immediately afterwards. Dispose of the tissue immediately after use in a closed bin.
- Avoid close contact with others when experiencing cold symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose and sore throat or with people who have these symptoms.
- If you have symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing and have a travel record in an affected area, stay at home and contact your doctor or the National Public Health Organization on 210-521200 and 210-5212054.
- If you experience symptoms while traveling, immediately inform the crew and seek medical help.
- Wash your hands when you cook, when you take care of patients and when you come in contact with animals.
- Trust specialists and scientists for all coronavirus-related information and updates.