Dr John Ioannidis, professor of medicine and health research at Stanford University, has been recognised as the most highly cited Greek researcher and ranks 87th in the international list of "Highly Cited Researchers" released by Webometrics.
Eight other Greek researchers from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, are also included on the list:
- Professor George Chrousos (ranked 107)
- Professor Dimitris Trichopoulos (ranked 416)
- Professor Antonia Trichopoulou (ranked 939)
- Professor Meletios Athanasios Dimopoulos (ranked 1,100)
- Professor Christodoulos Stefanadis (ranked 2,346)
- Professor Haralambos Moutsopoulos (ranked 2,608)
- Professor Marinos Dalakas (ranked 2,635)
- Professor Gerasimos Filippatos (ranked 2,310)
The list based on information from Google Scholar, charts the world’s top researchers who have demonstrated significant and broad influence reflected in their publication of multiple papers, which have been highly cited by fellow academics over time.
The 12th edition list includes 4,167 highly cited researchers in various fields.
First on the list is the well-known French Philosopher, Michel Foucault (1926-1984).
For more information, please visit Highly Cited Researchers (h>100) according to their Google Scholar Citations public.