As countries around the world slowly begin to open their borders, the idea of future travel is beginning to inspire those at home.
Airbnb internal data reveals early signs of future trip planning through search and wish lists created by guests.
Two accommodations in Greece, more specifically in Santorini, are on Airbnb’s top 10 most wish listed homes.
Both are traditional houses carved into the mountain in the traditional settlement of Oia.
These are the top 10 most wish listed homes since March enticing travellers even while under lockdown:
10. RIAD IN MARRAKESH, MOROCCO: This stunning riad – a large traditional house built around a central courtyard – has three bedrooms. One reviewer, ‘Vicky’, described it as a ‘little oasis of calm amongst the buzz of Marrakesh’.
9. CAVE HOUSE IN OIA, SANTORINI, GREECE: The listing for this Aegean gem says: ‘This spacious, unparalleled cave house, hanging on the cliffs of the caldera in the centre of Oia, is part of a traditional complex of cave houses, owned and renovated by a family of architects.’ Sold? Thought so.
8. MODERN APARTMENT WITH AN AMAZING VIEW, ICELAND: Book this incredible modern apartment in Iceland and ‘you can gaze upon the Northern Lights during winter or bask in the midnight sun in the summer months before climbing into bed’ says Airbnb.
7. PRIVATE POOL HOUSE WITH AMAZING VIEWS, LOS ANGELES: Crash on the queen bed with the air conditioner on high after spending the day by the pool soaking up the California sun.
6.BALIAN TREEHOUSE WITH BEAUTIFUL POOL, BALI: Sleep in the treehouse of your childhood dreams, with the beach just a three-minute walk away. This beauty in Bali sleeps two for around £75 ($92) a night.
5.’UNDERGROUND HYGGE’ IN ORONDO, WASHINGTON STATE: A homely hobbit home in Washington State. The listing says: ‘This inspired dwelling nestled right into the breathtaking Columbia River Gorge mountainside will entrance your imagination and inspire an unforgettable journey.’
4. ECO BAMBOO HOME, BALI: Kick back in a hidden riverside eco-retreat in an enchanting landscape dominated by the awe-inspiring Agung volcano.
3.’HECTOR CAVE HOUSE’, SANTORINI, GREECE: Plunge pool? Check. Views you’ll never forget? Check. Paradise then? Yes.
2. PRIVATE BEACH PROPERTY, SANTA CATARINA, BRAZIL: The listing for this property, which made number 2 on the list, says: ‘The house has a panoramic sea view and direct access to the main beach of the property. Access to the garden and the sea are immediate.’
1. A PRIVATE POOL VILLA WITH A 180-DEGREE VIEW, BALI: Behold the most wish-listed property since lockdown began on Airbnb. One reviewer, David, said: ‘What a location! We stayed for four nights here and it is breathtaking.’