The Archdiocese of Australia has announced that on occasion of the commemoration of the Holy Glorious Apostle Bartholomew, the day on which our Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew celebrates his Name Day (11 June), His Eminence Archbishop Makarios and the God-loving Bishops of Australia will celebrate the Divine Liturgy as follows:
- His Eminence Archbishop Makarios of Australia will officiate at the Cathedral of the Annunciation of our Lady in Sydney. His Eminence Metropolitan Seraphim of Sevasteia and His Grace Bishop Emilianos of Meloa, the Chancellor of the Holy Archdiocese of Australia, will be praying together in the Holy Altar.
- His Grace Bishop Ezekiel of Dervis, the Archiepiscopal Vicar of Melbourne, will officiate at the Holy Monastery of “Axion Estin” Northcote, together with the Archiepiscopal Vicar Archimandrite Evmenios Vasilopoulos.
- His Grace Bishop Iakovos of Miletoupolis, the Archiepiscopal Vicar of Brisbane, will officiate at the Holy Parish of St Anna, Gold Coast.
- His Grace Bishop Elpidios of Kyaneon, the Archiepiscopal Vicar of Perth, will officiate at the Holy Parish of Saints Constantine and Helene, Perth.
- His Grace Bishop Silouan of Sinope, the Archiepiscopal Vicar of Adelaide, will officiate at the Holy Parish of St Panteleimon, Glenelg. His Grace Bishop Paul of Christianoupolis will also be praying in the Holy Altar.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic, the faithful are requested to respect the number of participants attending the services in each state.
The Divine Liturgy over which His Eminence Archbishop Makarios will preside, will be live-streamed.