Greece reported 60 new coronavirus cases in the latest 24-hour reporting period, of which 40 are from incoming travellers.
This raises the total number of cases to 3,732.
962 (25.8%) are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 1962 (52.6%) are related to an already known case.
Meanwhile, 9 patients are in ICU. Their average age is 58 years. 88.9% have an underlying disease or are over 70 years old.
The country's pandemic death toll remains at 193.
In more detail:
- 40 were identified after checks at the country’s entrance gates (vast majority in Promachonas)
- 2 other important cases (who voluntarily got tested)
- 1 case in Kozani
- 7 cases in Attica
- 8 cases in Thessaloniki
- 1 case in Imathia
- 1 case in Xanthi
Meanwhile Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis participated in a teleconference on Friday with four ministers, the head of National Defence General Stall, the leader of the Hellenic Police, the Coast Guard and the president of EODY.
He stated that Plan B will be implemented in the event of a possible outbreak of the virus under the coordination of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection and with the participation of men and women from all security forces.
Its three stages provide:
- Checks on all those who arrive in Greece from the border station of Promachonas.
- Checks on seasonal workers in our country, mainly from neighbouring Balkan countries.
- Test for everyone, at all entrance gates in the country.
The battle, moreover, is being waged on two fronts: on the one hand, on the detection of any imported cases, and on the other hand, on the treatment of the loose implementation of the measures by some citizens.