Bourekia me kima are baked pastries made with flaky phyllo and filled with minced meat, onions and spices.
They are crunchy, delicious and a perfect appetizer option.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 500g mince
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 packet puff pastry sheets
- salt and pepper
- egg yolk for glazing
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion and leek in the oil until soft.
- Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste, cinnamon stick, parsley, salt and pepper to the mince. Cook until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat, add the cheese and stir well. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut the phyllo into quarters.
- Spoon the mixture on the centre of each piece. When done, lightly brush the gaps of the phyllo with oil. Roll to create a flute or boureki.
- Place pastries on a greased baking tray, brush with beaten egg yolk.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden.
- When ready, remove tray from oven.
- Place the Bourekia Me Kima on a serving platter and serve while hot.