Cyprus is rolling back gathering limits in its two most populous districts, amid concerns over a spike in COVID-19 infections.
Cyprus’ Health Ministry on Monday announced:
- Gatherings in private homes and public areas in the Limassol and Nicosia districts are limited to 10 people, including children.
- Attendance at religious services is capped at 75 people
- Spectators are prohibited from all sports events
- Bars, restaurants, cinemas and theatres are limited to a maximum of 75 patrons indoors and 150 outdoors
- A maximum of 10 people per table at eating places
- Wedding and baptism receptions are prohibited
The measures are in place until October 23.
Cyprus recorded 41 new cases of COVID-19 in the latest 24-hour reporting period.
This raises the total number of cases to 2,047.