Greek Voices for Trump will empower and unite the Greek American community to re-elect President Donald J. Trump.
"Re-electing the President will enable continued economic opportunity, more jobs, lower taxes, safer communities, and a stronger America that embraces the ideals of the American Dream. It provides increased cooperation with our allies to promote global peace, stability, security, and prosperity, particularly in the Eastern Mediterranean region," Greek Voices for Trump said.
"The United States has been a stalwart ally and supporter of Greece since its independence in 1821. The U.S. and Greece have fought side by side in defense of freedom and liberty in multiple wars against tyranny and communism, including World War I, World War II, and the Cold War."
What President Trump Has Accomplished in 4 Years:
- Both President Trump and Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis have asserted that US-Greece Relations is “the best it ever was” under Trump Administration.
- President Trump is the first president in modern history to shift US foreign policy to favor Greece as the most strategic and reliable ally in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- President Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which allocated $47.85 million for improvements to the facilities at the U.S. naval base at Souda Bay, Crete.
- President Trump commissioned the United States Navy ship, the USS Hershel Williams, to be permanently based at the naval base in Souda Bay, Crete.
- President Trump is the only U.S .president in modern history to sanction and tariff Turkey.
- President Trump’s State Department urged Turkey to halt their aggressive acts against Greece and Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- The Trump administration urged Turkey to reverse their provocative decision to reopen Varosha in Northern Cyprus and bring a diplomatic resolution to the Cyprus question.
- The Eastern Mediterranean Security and Energy Partnership Act of 2019 was passed under the leadership of President Trump.
- President Trump lifted the arms embargo on Cyprus, which lasted 33 years.
- The Trump Administration announced it will provide International Military Education and Training (IMET) to the Republic of Cyprus.
- The Trump Administration and The Republic of Cyprus expanded their relations through the creation of a joint security training center known as CYCLOPS.
- The Trump Administration has signed two historic peace agreements – one with Israel, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, and another with Serbia and Kosovo – advancing peace and stability in regions surrounding Greece, Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean.
TRADE AND INVESTMENT
- The United States and Greece exchanged nearly $3 Billion in trade in 2019.
- The historic U.S.-Greece Science & Technology Agreement was signed and implemented under theleadership of President Trump, which leads the way for U.S. companies like Pfizer, Cisco, Microsoft,Amazon and Tesla to invest in Greece.
- President Trump Exempted Greek Olive Oil, Cheese, Wine, and other Products from US Tariffs Imposedon EU.
- President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act which enabled the largest overhaul of the tax code in three decades. The $1.5 trillion tax overhaul allowed Greek American workers and business owners tosave thousands each year.
- President Trump cut nearly eight regulations for every one new regulation, allowing Greek American business owners to thrive without the red tape.
- President Trump met with newly appointed Archbishop Elpidophoros on two occasions to discuss religious freedom for the Ecumenical Patriarchate and issues related to the Greek Orthodox Church.
- President Trump signed an executive order Advancing International Religious Freedom, declaring the effort to protect religious freedoms both a domestic and foreign policy priority.
- President Trump signed an executive order promoting free speech and religious liberty that instructs theTreasury Department not to target the tax-exempt status of churches and other institutions.
- President Trump created the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division at the Department of Health and Human Services to protect the civil rights of doctors, nurses and other health-care workers who refuse to take part in procedures such as abortion, reversing an Obama-era policy that required them todo so.
- President Trump directed the Justice Department to issue a 25-page guidance to federal agencies instructing them to protect the religious liberty in the execution of federal law.
- President Trump required that new Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance classify houses of worship as “essential,” allowing Greek Orthodox Churches to open after being closed during the coronavirus lockdowns.