Creamy, cheesy, spicy and so satisfying. That’s right, we are talking about tirokafteri (Τυροκαυτερή)- Greek spicy feta dip.
It is a very popular appetizer and personally, I love eating it with fresh, crusty bread and meat dishes (especially souvlakia).
Follow our incredibly easy recipe here:
- 500g of feta
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 red peppers
- Olives (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Place the red peppers in an oven dish and put into the oven for 10-15 minutes. When the skin of the peppers start to blister, remove the dish from the oven. Allow the peppers to cool down.
- Carefully remove the skin from the peppers and cut them in small pieces.
- Crumble the feta into a food processor.
- Add the peppers, yogurt, olive oil and vinegar. Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Serve the tirokafteri on a flat dish and add olives and oregano to decorate.
Check out our other recipes here:
- Amigthalota- Greek Almond Biscuits Recipe
- Horta Vrasta- Greek Boiled Leafy Greens Recipe
- Melitzanes Papoutsakia- Greek stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- Spetsofai- Greek Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Mussels Saganaki Recipe
- Greek-inspired lamb burgers Recipe
- Patsavouropita- Greek Rag Pie Recipe
- Spanakorizo- Spinach and Rice Recipe
- Bourekia Me Kima- Mince Filled Pastries Recipe
- Sokolatopita- Greek Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Loukoumades: Greek Honey Puffs Recipe