An unbelievable and yet… a stereotypical Greek incident happened today during checks in the center of Athens when traffic police stopped a woman to find out if there was a reason for her movement despite COVID-19 lockdowns.
Greece is currently under lockdown and any movement of the house must first be registered with an SMS to 13033.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary.
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies.
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible.
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school.
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents.
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.
The Greek mother sent code 4 to the SMS to “help” her son and…. cook for him.
The police would have fined her, because such a move is not justified, but they showed leniency with to the Greek mother.