Greece's Secretary General for Trade & Consumer Protection Panagiotis Stampoulidis announced that Christmas retail stores will open on Monday December 7 and will operate until January 8.
The stores will be allowed to trade from 7am-8:30pm and will follow strict measures:
- Only 4 customers per 100 square meters
- Elevators can only be used by people with special needs and for restocking purposes only
- All customers must be standing 2 meters apart from each other.
Christmas decorations and other items relating to the holiday season, will also be allowed in supermarkets
Citizens wanting to shop from these stores from Monday, should send the code 2 to 13033.
SMS 13033 for movement during lockdown
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.
Christmas shines bright at Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
The Christmas World at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) came alive on Tuesday December 1.
The COVID-19 pandemic didn’t stop the Christmas decorations from shining bright, spreading cheer, hope, joy and love.
Spectators from all over Greece and abroad watched the event online. It was a spectacular celebration for all!