It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and what better way to celebrate than with our first Christmas Recipe Advent Countdown! 1 day to go…
Today I share the recipe for my Raspberry Cake with Rose Petals.
This moreish raspberry cake is made from almond meal which makes it gluten free, and can be made from either fresh or frozen raspberries.
It looks and tastes absolutely devine!
- 200g of fresh/frozen raspberries
- 12 eggs
- 500g of caster sugar
- 500g of almond meal, plus extra
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice, strained
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp of dried rose petals
- 2 tbsp of pistachio silvers, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Butter a 25-centimetre round cake tin and sprinkle it with almond meal, flour or gluten-free flour if required.
- Pulse the raspberries in a food processor until they are a fine purée.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Add the raspberry pulp and mix thoroughly. Add the almond meal, baking powder and salt, and combine thoroughly.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes, then pour it into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, gradually adding more lemon juice as necessary to achieve a drizzling consistency.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the icing over the top and let it drip down the sides. Decorate with the pomegranate seeds, rose petals and pistachio slivers.