Greek Australian film and television actor, Alex Dimitriades, was born on 28 December, 1973.
After making his acting debut in the film ‘The Heartbreak Kid’, he starred in a television spin-off ‘Heartbreak High’, in which he played Nick Poulos.
In 1996 and 1997, Dimitriades, along with Nick Giannopoulos and Vince Colosimo, toured as part of the Wogboys comedy stage shows.
He has gone on to star in a number of Aussie shows and films including:
- 1995 drama television series ‘Blue Murder’
- 1996 television soap opera ‘Neighbours’, where he played estate agent Steve George
- 1998 film ‘Head On’, based on the book Loaded by Christos Tsiolkas. It screened at dozens of festivals around the world, including the Director’s Fortnight at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival
- 2001 Australian comedy ‘Let’s Get Skase’
- 2001 comedy drama ‘La Spagnola’
- 2008 Greek film ‘To Gamilio Party’ (English title Bang Bang Wedding)
- 2010 comedy film ;Wog Boy 2: Kings of Mykonos’
- 2008 drama series ‘Underbelly’
- In 2011, he featured in ‘The Slap’, the TV adaptation of the novel of the same name by Christos Tsiolkas. He was awarded the AACTA Award for Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama
- 2015 romantic drama film ‘Ruben Guthrie’
In 2015, he also starred in The Principal, a SBS four-part crime drama screened over two weeks in October, for which he won a Logie Award. The series received positive reviews and various accolades, including several nominations from the Australian Film Institute in 2016.
In late 2018, Dimitriades had a recurring role in the BBC One drama ‘The Cry’ as Detective Peter Alexiades and in the Netflix series ‘Tidelands’, again playing a police officer.
Dimitriades, an avid collector of vinyl records, has stated that his love of music started at a young age.
He has a passion for both hip hop and dance music and has stated he is inspired by Kings Go Forth because of their “’70s sound.”
He also works as a DJ professionally across Australia, often referred to as DJ Boogie Monster.
Xronia Polla to Alex Dimitriades, who turns 47 today!