A quick and easy recipe for the most delicious Patatokeftedes (potato fritters)!
They only take a few ingredients and minutes to make.
Πατατοκεφτέδες (patatokeftedes) are loved by those who love potatoes.
An appetizing dream that will melt in your mouth!
- 500g of potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Handful of parsley
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
Method to make Patatokeftedes
- Mix ingredients, excluding oil, in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Drop teaspoons of the mixture into the oil.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
- During frying, should the mixture become watery while standing, add an extra 2 tablespoons of flour and mix well.
- Serve with tirokafteri or taramasalata.
Check out our other recipes here:
- Kalitsounia- Cretan Cheese Pies Recipe
- Dolmades- Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
- Amigthalota- Greek Almond Biscuits Recipe
- Melitzanes Papoutsakia- Greek stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- Horta Vrasta- Greek Boiled Leafy Greens Recipe
- Mussels Saganaki Recipe
- Greek-inspired lamb burgers Recipe
- Spanakorizo- Spinach and Rice Recipe
- Sokolatopita- Greek Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Loukoumades: Greek Honey Puffs Recipe