Greece continues to be the only country showing mostly green zones on the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) coronavirus map, indicating a low rate of novel coronavirus infections.
The map aims to support the Council Recommendation on a coordinated approach to the restriction of free movement in response to the pandemic.
Areas are marked in the following colours:
- green if the 14-day notification rate is lower than 25 cases per 100 000 and the test positivity rate below 4%
- orange if the 14-day notification rate is lower than 50 cases per 100 000 but the test positivity rate is 4% or higher or, if the 14-day notification rate is between 25 and 150 cases per 100 000 and the test positivity rate is below 4%
- red if the 14-day notification rate is 50 cases per 100 000 or higher and the test positivity rate is 4% or higher or if the 14-day notification rate is higher than 150 cases per 100 000
- grey if there is insufficient information or if the testing rate is lower than 300 cases per 100 000.
Epirus and the island groups of the Ionian, the Cyclades and the Dodecanese are currently the only green areas in Europe.
At the same time, most of Greece, is in the ‘orange zone’.
Latest covid-19 numbers in Greece
Greece recorded 509 new cases of COVID-19 in the latest 24-hour reporting period.
This raises the total number of cases to 150,479.
5,813 are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 46,236 are related to an already known case.
Two hundred and ninety-three individuals are in ICU. Their median age is 68 years. 85.7% have an underlying condition or are aged 70 years and above.
A total of 1,050 patients have been discharged from ICUs since the start of the pandemic in Greece.
The country’s pandemic death toll stands at 5,570. The median age of all was 79 years and 95.4% of the deceased had an underlying condition and/or age of 70 years or more.
*More on GCT: Night curfew in Greece remains in force
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.