A new digital platform has been launched by the Municipality of Athens, where members of the public can state how they wish to offer voluntary assistance for stray animals.
Hundreds of animals who until now were alone and helpless on the streets of the capital, are being taken care of daily by the Municipality of Athens, and in collaboration with volunteers receive the appropriate treatments.
Through this platform, members of the public can:
- Volunteer to feed strays in their neighbourhood
- Adopt a stray (with expenses covered by the municipality)
- Promote stray animals for adoption on social media
- Volunteer at the shelter
- Oversee a local stray animal community
- Provide dog training (available only for professional trainers)
- Animal collection and rescue services
Moreover, a shelter already hosts dozens of animals, while dog and cat houses and food and water bowls have been placed in various parts of the city.
For the first time, a shelter is operating in the city, which already hosts dozens of animals, while in various parts of the city, small houses and food/water bowls have been placed, which are constantly increasing.