Covid-19 restrictions ease in Cyprus as of today.
- All private and public schools will reopen (for elementary students and third graders of high schools).
- Shops and malls will reopen.
- Archaeological sites and museums will reopen with protocols in place.
- Betting shops will reopen, however no chairs or tables are allowed.
- Churches and other religious sites are allowed to hold services with a maximum of 50 people.
- Home visits are also allowed for four people instead of two.
- Some sports activities can resume and training is allowed for five athletes including the coach in sports premises, parks and beaches.
- Theatres and cinemas will reopen, with a maximum capacity of 50 people.
All employees who return to work as well as teachers and all athletes over 12 must have a negative rapid test. The test needs to be repeated weekly.
- Going to the pharmacy, visit a doctor, give blood or for a COVID test or for vaccination
- Going to a supermarket to buy essential products, goods and services (groceries, food)
- Going to the bank when electronic transactions are not possible
- Absolutely necessary visits to a government office
- Going out to help others who are in need of assistance or are in isolation, including those under quarantine
- Going out for physical exercise, in groups of up to two, in your neighborhood
- Attending a ceremony or service (funeral, wedding, baptism/christening) if guests are first or second degree relatives in groups of up to ten individuals
- Any other reason for going outside that can be justified under the measures as described in the latest decree on movement restrictions