“At the moment we are considering measures specifically for retail. We are examining, together with Development and Investment Minister Adonis Georgiadis and Alternate Development and Investment Minister Nikos Papathanasis, technological measures that will allow a faster opening of the retail sector,” he said.
The SMS to 13032 will last up to three hours and can only be used once a day.
However, for purchases at supermarkets, bakeries, etc. citizens will continue to obtain permission by messaging 13033.
More details will be announced once the government decides to reopen retail.
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.