Latest covid-19 numbers in Greece
Greece recorded 3,215 new cases of COVID-19 in the latest 24-hour reporting period.
Of the new cases, 1,572 were recorded in Attica (from 556 on Monday), 395 in Thessaloniki (from 108 on Monday) and 149 in Achaia (from 79 on Monday).
This raises the total number of cases to 209,462.
Four hundred and eighty-four individuals are in ICU. Their median age is 67 years. 84% have an underlying condition or are aged 70 years and above.
The number of new Covid-19 patients in hospitals in the last 24 hours is 390 (daily change: +15.73 pct), while the rolling average of hospital admissions in the last seven days is 382 patients.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, 1,427 patients have been discharged from the ICU.
The country’s pandemic death toll stands at 6,843. The median age of all was 79 years and 95.8% of the deceased had an underlying condition and/or age of 70 years or more.
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.
Individuals are not allowed to travel beyond 2 kilometres of their home to visit supermarkets, food stores and other essential goods shops or to go to the bank.
Similarly, personal exercise or pet walking must be carried out close to one’s home.