Greece is easing some covid-19 restrictions, as part of a plan to gradually reopen the economy and relieve national fatigue.
As of Monday, March 22:
- Hair and beauty salons will re-open (by appointment only)
- Open-air archaeological sites and public parks will re-open
- Fishing (either from land or on a small boat) will be allowed for residents of coastal areas
Individuals wanting to visit archaeological sites and public parks, or go fishing, will have to obtain permission by messaging 13033, option '6'.
Churches will also reopen for services on March 25 and 26. There will be a limit of 20 people allowed inside at the same time.
In addition, the country’s night curfew will start two hours later, from 9pm until 5am.
All individuals residing in Greece will be required to send an SMS text message to 13033 in order to obtain permission to leave their homes during the lockdown.
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.