The iconic Sydney Opera House has turned Blue and White to commemorate the bicentennial anniversary of the Greek War of Independence against the Ottoman Empire.
In attendance was New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian, who had first rejected the lighting of the Opera House in Blue and White, but succumbed to community pressure.
Other attendees were:
- Consul General of Greece in Sydney, Mr Christos Karras,
- Miranda MP Eleni Petinos,
- Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education, Dr. Geoff Lee,
- School students from St Spyridon College, All Saints Grammar and St Euphemia College,
- Father Christophoros Krikelis, and
- President of the Greek Orthodox Community of NSW, Harry Danalis.