Helena Paparizou literally proved that she is still “Number One” at the 2021 Eurovision Grand Final.
Six former winners participated in the “Rock The Roof” interval act:
- Lenny Kuhr (De Troubadour, Netherlands 1969)
- Teach-In with Getty Kaspers (Ding-a-dong, Netherlands 1975)
- Sandra Kim (J’aime La Vie, Belgium 1986)
- Helena Paparizou (My Number One, Greece 2005)
- Lordi (Hard Rock Hallelujah, Finland 2006)
- Måns Zelmerlöw (Heroes, Sweden 2015)
Paparizou sparkled and reminded everyone why she won the song contest in 2005 with “My Number One”.
Of course, Twitter ‘blew up’ with comments about her incredible performance, with some suggesting that the 2021 award belongs to her again.
“I can’t find any words to describe the feelings I have thanks to all of your messages!! Eurovision is passion, Eurovision is love. Eurovision, you’re “My Number One”,” the Greek singer posted.
In a COVID style grand final, where some contestants performed theirs acts remotely, Italy’s ‘Måneskin’ was declared this year’s winner of the song contest.
Stefania Liberarakakis of Greece sang her way to tenth place, finishing with a total of 170 points while Elena Tsagrinou of Cyprus came 16th with 94 points.