Is anyone else having travel dreams? As the world slowly starts to emerge from lockdown, it's time to start dreaming up some plans.
And just in time, the 2021 Travellers' Choice Awards have revealed the top 25 hottest new hotels in the world.
The list was determined with an algorithm analysing non-large chain hotels that opened July 1, 2019, or later and received a high volume of positive reviews and ratings.
As Tripadvisor says, "these newly established boltholes are what vacation dreams are made of."
The top 25 hottest new hotels in the world
- Arinna Cappadocia, Turkey
- Armenaki Santorini, Greece
- Anttunina Pousada Spa, Brazil
- Peridot Grand Hotel & Spa by AIRA, Vietnam
- Hotel Bidaia, Spain
- Oludeniz Blu Luxury Unique Hotel, Turkey
- Emeline, South Carolina
- Mandarin Eastville Hotel, Thailand
- Ace Hotel Kyoto, Japan
- The Rockaway Hotel, New York
- The Old Foundary Hotel, South Africa
- Grand Cosmopolitan Hotel, United Arab Emirates
- The Manor Hotel by JA, United Arab Emirates
- Hotel Fitzroy curated by Fable, New Zealand
- Adiwana Bisma, Indonesia
- Roomzzz York City, United Kingdom
- Hotel Brooklyn, United Kingdom
- Ulaman Eco Retreat, Indonessia
- The Darling Hotel, California
- Rise Uptown, Arizona
- Little National Hotel Sydney, Australia
- Aria Resort and Spa, India
- Araliya Red, Sri Lanka
- Blue Kotor Bay Premium Spa Resort, Montenegro
- The Five Oceanfront, Mexico
Positioned just a few meters away from the most memorable blue domes in the world, Armenaki draws its a name from a bay few know.
The thrilling view of the Caldera stands as the backdrop of every moment at Armenaki. The airy sense of floating above the Aegean is balanced by the earthly, calming mood inside the hotel’s private spaces.
Armenaki freshly redefines Cycladic style by fusing Santorini’s traditional architecture with contemporary design, through the use of natural materials and earthy textures.
In such a popular destination, the sense of locality and authenticity equals the highest form of luxury.
"This hotel is exactly what you would expect as the perfect hotel in Santorini. You literally go "inside the postcard": typical, simple, spacious and luxurious room with all amenities. Amazing view on the caldeira with perfectly sized swimming pool and terrace for the place. Of course you need to go through typical Oía stairs to reach the hotel, but what an amazing satisfaction when you come back to your room. Oia is definitely the good city to be in for Santorini. Service was incredible with an amazing support of all team, always with smile and courtesy, since before travel to back home. We tested the gorgeous breakfasts and it can't be much satisfying. We got all necessary support and advices from the team to spend one of our most amazing travel. So nice memories," one vacationer posted on Tripadvisor.