Americans can transport their tastebuds to Greece, without actually boarding a plane. The secret... Limani NYC.
This splendid Greek-Mediterranean restaurant in the heart of Rockefeller Center, is one of the best and popular places to enjoy a meal.
"From cultural touches and aesthetics, to our welcoming ambiance and atmosphere, you and your family will feel right at home at our tables. We’ve established a relaxing place welcoming to the whole family where you can relax and let us take care of the hard work and dedication that goes into each and every one of our dishes," the website says.
You’ll be transported to the beautiful Mediterranean shores of Greece from the moment you step inside. There are two open kitchens, a long marble bar, a fresh fish display and a blue infinity pool in the middle surrounded by white furniture.
Limani NYC offers the best Mediterranean cuisine in New York City.
Here is a sneak peak of the menu (our favourites):
- Shrimp Saganaki: Sautéed jumbo shrimp in a tomato and feta sauce served with risotto
- Fresh scallops: Grilled and garnished with citrus and olive oil
- Mediterranean Ceviche: Lavraki infused with lime and fresh herbs from the Mediterranean pared with gigantes beans and feta cheese
- Stuffed Calamari: Grilled and stuffed with feta, manouri and kefalograviera cheeses
- Octopus: Tunisia. Grilled sashimi quality octopus
- Chicken: Organic half bone-in chicken breast, marinated and grilled with rosemary and thyme
- Lamb Chops: Colorado. Grilled American Lamb Chops
- Horta: Red, white and gold Swiss chard, escarole and spinach
- Greek fries: Seasoned with oregano
And of course there is always room for dessert.
- Baklava: Almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, layers of phyllo with honey syrup
- Ekmek: Shredded phyllo, custard and pistachio whipped cream
- Karidopita: Walnut sponge cake, cinnamon, cloves, honey syrup served with honey lavender ice cream
- Loukoumades: Greek fried dough puffs, honey, walnuts and cinnamon
The cocktail menu is also fascinating...
- The Odyssey: Ciroc coconut vodka and a splash of pineapple juice
- Fig Cosmo: Figenza Fig Vodka, Triple sec, Cranberry Juice and a splash of lime juice
- Mediterranean Mule: Figenza Fig Vodka, Pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice, topped with ginger beer and served over ice
- Karpouzi: Fresh watermelon juice, Mango Rum, Malibu Rum and Pineapple Juice
Limani NYC is jaw-droppingly beautiful and delicious, you’ll want to ‘Gram everything immediately.
- Address: 45 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10111, United States
- Hours: Monday- Saturday 12pm-10pm, Sunday 2pm-9pm
- Phone: +1 212-858-9200