There were changes in the government due to former general secretary at the Finance Ministry Christos Triantopoulos upgrading to Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister responsible for state support and restoration after natural disasters.
This change was in order for the mechanism for the support of the fire stricken and the reconstruction of the burnt areas, a government announcement said on Friday.
The changes are:
- Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister Christos-Georgios (Akis) Skertsos assumes the duties of the Minister of the State with the same responsibilities
- The general secretary of the Rural Development Ministry Ioannis Ikonomou becomes Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister and government’s spokesperson.
- Aristotelia Peloni remains alternate government spokesperson
- Deputy Digital Governance Minister Giorgos Stylios assumes the portfolio of Deputy Minister for Rural Development and Food in the place of Ioannis Ikonomou
- Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister Theodoros Livanios assumes the duties of Deputy Digital Governance Minister replacing Giorgos Stylios.
The swearing in ceremony of the new ministers will take place on Friday at 13:00 at the Presidential Mansion.