Sauteed Okra with fresh tomatoes & onion Recipe
Okra (Μπάμιες κοκκινιστές) are full of nutrients and vitamins, including protein, zinc, potassium, magnesium, folate and calcium.
Here is a fresh and flavorsome sautéed okra with fresh tomatoes and onion recipe, which you can whip up in 30 minutes.
- 500 x grams okra
- 1 x white onion, chopped
- 3 x ripe tomatoes, grated
- 1/2 x cup white vinegar
- 1/2 x cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the okra and trim pointy ends off.
- Place okra in bowl and cover with cold water. Add vinegar and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
- Drain, pat dry and set okra aside.
- Add olive oil in pan and allow to heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Take sautéed onion out of pan and place on a dish.
- Add okra into pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onions back in with grated tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir and allow to cook for 20 minutes on low to medium heat (stirring a few times). Place in serving dish and serve.
* Recipe from flavours and flair.com