Filmmakers from around the world are invited to shoot on Greece's beautiful Ionian islands and make use of their natural beauty, landscape and architecture that has made them an attractive destination for cinema productions, TV series, documentaries and short films.
Additional incentives are the production rebate offers to production companies and the wide range of support services offered by Greek government agencies.
Filmmakers interested in filming on the Greek islands, in particular the famed islands of Corfu Kefallonia, Ithaca, Lefkada and Zakynthos should consider consulting the Ionian Film Office.
The Region of the Ionian Islands has established its own Film Office based in Kerkyra (Corfu) with representation on all the Ionian Islands, Kerkyra, Kefallonia, Ithaca, Lefkada and Zakynthos (Zante).
The Ionian Islands exhibit exceptional features, such as unique locations, modern infrastructure and remarkable cultural assets which enable them to become a pole of attraction for the production of films throughout the year and emerge as an important filming destination. The Ionian Film Office will provide support to national and international film productions which will take place on the Ionian Islands and will act as the first reference, information and contact point for any audiovisual productions.
The Ionian Film Office collaborates with the Department of Audio & Visual Arts of the Ionian University, which can provide support in terms of both technical and human resources.
Main services of the Film Office
The Film Office acts as a mediator between the Region of the Ionian Islands and the domestic and international film industry, providing a wide range of services in order to attract and facilitate filmmakers as well as boosting the Ionian Islands’ international appeal. These are:
- reliable and effective information regarding the national and regional policy towards filming and audiovisual productions
- promoting and highlighting the Region’s competitive advantages in touristic, cultural and entertainment locations and services
- information on administrative processes, advice on finding sets, crew and facilities, by means of two main tools: the Production Guide and the Location Guide
- facilitating the interaction between the interested production companies and the national and local stakeholders of the Ionian Islands Region
- help in procedures requiring decisions and permits from the public administration or government agencies.
(The Ionian Film Office is a project co-funded by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund (E.R.D.F.) and by the National Funds of Greece and Italy.)