Greek green bean and beef stew Recipe
This is one of the most delicious traditional Greek stews and one of my favourites. There are a few variations on how to make the stew and it all depends on your preference; without meat, with chicken, lamb or beef.
This is a mouthwatering recipe that I highly recommend you try.
You are going to need:
* 1/2kg green beans fresh or frozen (I used frozen)
* 1/2kg beef stew chuck steak
* 1/2 a cup fresh chopped parsley
* 1 red onion diced
* 1/3 of a cup olive oil
* 1 tin cherry tomatoes 400g
* 1tsp sugar add it in the cherry tomatoes
* 2 medium size potatoes cut in pieces
* 2 beef stock cubes
* 1tsp oregano
* 1tsp sweet paprika
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot add the beef and 1 1/2 litres of water and boil the meat until it’s nice and tender.
2. Remove the froth with a spoon.
3. When the meat is ready, set aside with all the broth that’s left over.
4. On medium heat on a large pot add the olive oil and sauté the onions.
5. Next, add the green beans, the spices and the parsley and follow with the cherry tomatoes.
6. Add the meat with all the broth and the beef stock cubes.
7. Ensure that the broth is about a litre, if not add some boiling water.
8. Leave it cook on medium low heat for about 15 minutes and then add the potatoes. I prefer to add them afterwards because I want them to stay whole and don’t want them mashy.
9. Cook until the green beans are nice and tender, top up the boiling water if required.
Optional, accompany with some nice, crusty bread for dipping and of course lots and lots of feta cheese.
Recipe and photos: Vetta (cookingwithvetta)