Key points from NSW Health for 27 September 2021
- NSW has now reached 85.5% single dose and 60.1% double dose vaccinations. 40% of 12-15 year olds have received a first dose. Thank you to everyone who has been vaccinated!
- There were 787 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night. Very sadly twelve more people have died.
- Please book your vaccination as soon as possible at nsw.gov.au and help your friends and family. We especially urge those aged 16-39 to come forward and get vaccinated.
- We expect NSW will open up on 11 October after reaching our 70% double dose target. We should reach 80% by the end of October.
- The third stage of reopening will happen on 1 December. We anticipate over 90% of adults will be vaccinated by this time. Restrictions will ease for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- The hospitalisation rate has not been as high as the modelling suggested, but our system will still be under a lot of pressure. We need to exercise caution to support our healthcare workers.
- We are seeing increasing cases in the Hunter, Illawarra and Central Coast regions. Please continue to come out and get tested. It is critical that we find as many cases in the community as possible.
- From where we were to where we have come, the people of NSW have stood together to achieve an amazing result.