If you are looking to make a sweet edible treat this Christmas that is ideal as a small gift- try these decadent Sokolatenia Troufakia (chocolate truffles) that include dark chocolate, walnuts and Petit Beurre biscuits.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for over a week, as long as they are in an airtight container.
This recipe makes about 24 pieces.
– 160 x grams dark chocolate
– 180 x grams Petit Beurre biscuits
– 1/2 x cup full cream milk
– 1/3 x cup fresh cream
– 1 x tablespoon liqueur
– 1 & 1/4 x cup chopped walnuts
– Chop chocolate into small pieces and completely melt over low heat in a double boiler.
– Place biscuits in a large bowl and crush them into very small pieces. Add a quarter of a cup of chopped walnuts.
– Pour melted chocolate over biscuits and walnuts and mix together with a wooden spoon.
– Add milk, fresh cream and liqueur and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined.
– Cover bowl with cling wrap and place in refrigerator (not freezer) for 1.5 hours.
– Remove from refrigerator and take a teaspoon of the mixture and begin forming them into ball-like shapes by rolling the mixture in your palms. It makes it easier by wearing food handling gloves, otherwise wet your hands with water in between each truffle.
– Roll each truffle into the chopped walnuts and place them back in the refrigerator covered tightly until ready to serve.
*Recipe and image by flavours and flair