Qatar Airways will launch flights to Santorini, Greece, starting June 7th. The destination will be Qatar Airways' third Greek route along with Athens and Mykonos. The airline will also relaunch its seasonal flights to Mykonos in the same week.
Santorini flights coming in June
Qatar Airways will offer three weekly flights between Doha and Santorini from June 7th. The airline has chosen Santorini as its third destination in Greece, with flights operated every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Qatar Airways CEO, Akbar Al Baker, said,
"We are pleased to add Santorini to our global network in 2022, with this exciting new destination joining Athens and Mykonos to become our third gateway in this beautiful country. This expansion will further solidify our relationship with Greece."
Qatar's Airbus A320 fleet will operate flights on this route. The aircraft offers a total of 144 seats - 12 in business class and 132 in economy class.
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday and Sunday - Doha (DOH) to Santorini (JTR) - departs: 07:50 arrives: 12:20
- Tuesday - Doha (DOH) to Santorini (JTR) - departs: 10:10 arrives: 14:40
- Saturday - Santorini (JTR) to Doha (DOH) - departs: 13:15 arrives: 17:15
- Sunday - Santorini (JTR) to Doha (DOH) - departs: 13:20 arrives: 17:20
- Tuesday - Santorini (JTR) to Doha (DOH) - departs: 15:35 arrives: 19:35
Passengers can connect at Hamad International Airport to over 140 destinations worldwide.
Qatar Airways said,
"Enhanced connectivity means customers can leave Australia on Friday night and arrive in Santorini by Saturday afternoon."
More flights to Mykonos
During the same week, Qatar Airways will relaunch its seasonal service to the island of Mykonos. The airline plans to offer four weekly flights over the summer - every Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Qatar Airways' Mykonos schedule:
- Doha (DOH) to Mykonos (JMK) - departs: 07:40 arrives: 12:05
- Mykonos (JMK) to Doha (DOH) - departs: 13:05 arrives: 17:20
"We are committed to offering our passengers as many seamless one-stop connection choices as possible."
Qatar Airways first started flying to Mykonos in 2018 but was forced to drop the route in the summer of 2020 due to the pandemic. The carrier offered a thrice-weekly service to the island over the summer of 2021.
Twice-daily flights from Athens
Qatar Airways is investing big in Greece this summer, with a double-daily service from Athens also announced. The airline's Athens route is popular with both business and leisure travelers.
The schedule is as follows:
- Doha (DOH) to Athens (ATH) - QR203 - departs: 07:35 arrives: 12:15
- Doha (DOH) to Athens (ATH) - QR207 - departs: 14:00 arrives: 18:40
- Athens (ATH) to Doha (DOH) - QR204 - departs: 13:45 arrives: 18:10
- Athens (ATH) to Doha (DOH) - QR208 - departs: 19:40 arrives: 00:05