Greece saw unexpectedly low temperatures for the season and freezing conditions early on Sunday morning.
At central and northern mainland locations of the country, and mountain villages in particular, the lowest temperature was recorded at the mountain village of Mavrolithari in Fokida prefecture, SW of Lamia, reaching -16.8C (1.76F).
Other lowest temperatures recorded early on Sunday morning by the National Observatory of Athens/meteo.gr stations include the following:
- Vlasti in the Kozani region: -16.3C
- Seli in the Mt. Vermio region: -14.2C
- Pertouli in the Trikala region: -14.2C
- Livadi, NE of Delphi: -12.7C and
- Agios Pavlos in the Imathia region: -12.7C