Kolokythakia Tiganita (in Greek: κολοκυθάκια τηγανητά)- fried zucchini chips are delicious as a starter, side or even a snack!
It doesn’t get simpler and tastier than this traditional speciality, which has become famous all over the world.
Recommendations on how to eat zucchini chips:
- on their own
- fresh lemon drizzled on top
- dipped into some tzatziki
- 5 x zucchini, washed and sliced very fine
- 1 x cup plain flour
- 1 x cup olive oil for frying
- salt & pepper
- Cut zucchini into slices, and salt and set the plate aside for 20 minutes.
- Place flour in a bowl, add pepper and mix.
- Add oil to the frying pan and allow to heat.
- Coat slices in the dry mixture and place in hot oil. Lightly fry for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown on each side.
- Drain the zucchini slices on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place on serving platter and serve while hot.