30 Pakistani terrorists have been eliminated by Indian security forces in the first six months of this year, according to India Today.
The 30 Pakistani terrorists make up the over 100 terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir.
Security forces killed three Lashkar terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama on June 12. With this, security forces have killed 100 terrorists in different operations so far this year.
According to sources in the security forces, at present, aggressive operations are being conducted against terrorists across the Valley.
But though the security forces have upped the operation to wipe out terrorism in J&K, the terrorist organizations are still trying to infiltrate and recruit innocent youth by radicalising them.
Sources have informed that there are still around 158 terrorists from various terrorist organizations present in the Kashmir Valley.
According to sources, the maximum number of terrorists is from Lashkar-e-Taiba. As many as 83 LeT terrorists are present in the Valley at the moment. Apart from this, 30 Jaish terrorists and 38 terrorists of Hizbul Mujahideen are also present in the Kashmir Valley.
Over the last few days, the security forces have carried out swift operations against the terrorists. According to intelligence agencies, the Pakistani army has reactivated more than a dozen terror camps.
According to intelligence reports, there has been an uptick in activity on terror launch pads near Uri and Kashmir. Several dozen Lashkar, Jaish and Afghan terrorists were trained by Pakistan’s intelligence agency ISI and gathered at half a dozen launching pads near Uri and Kashmir.
Terrorists can attempt to infiltrate the border with the aim of disturbing the Amarnath Yatra in the valley.
SECURITY FORCES ON ALERT AHEAD OF AMARNATH YATRA
Security forces have issued 6 alerts regarding the upcoming Amarnath Yatra:
- According to intelligence reports, Pakistan’s ISI can target security forces on the Amarnath Yatra route by resorting to sticky bombs through terrorists. Sources said that for this purpose, it is trying to use newly-recruited hybrid terrorists.
- According to intelligence reports, LeT terrorists are planning to attack NH-44 during Amarnath Yatra. In response, the security forces have deployed more than 400 companies of paramilitary forces to foil their plan.
- Security forces have received an input that LeT terrorists are planning to attack security forces near Kangan located on Baltal route. If sources are to be believed, the security forces have made hi-tech preparations on this route here. Everywhere surveillance is being done through drones.
- Security forces have issued an alert that the hybrid terrorist is trying to target the non-locals near Pantha Chowk during the Amarnath Yatra.
- Security agencies have also given an alert that JeM terrorists might launch to attack the security forces and JKP personnel on duty of Amarnath Yatra on the Sumal / Hajin route. Security forces have made full preparations at all these places.
- Sources in the security forces have told India Today that a group of Lashkar terrorists are planning to carry out a grenade attack on the Baltal Amarnath Yatra route. According to sources, Latif alias Ahmed Rather, a local and hybrid terrorist of LeT, has been given this task. But the security agencies have kept a tight guard on this entire route so that the terrorists cannot carry out any action.