The Japanese Festival is the only collective presentation of Japan in all aspects of its culture organized in Greece, with the aim of acquainting the general public with Japanese culture, traditional art and modern pop culture!
After the first successful Japanese festival in 2019, which was attended by 5,000 people, we aim to become an organization to spread Japanese culture in Greece, according to a message released by the festival organizers.
The main purpose of the event is to bring together all relevant individuals, companies, organizations and those who are seriously connected with Japan under the auspices of a large unified event that includes a large number of exhibitors, presentations, workshops, events and more!
Traditional Japanese culture, anime and manga, video games, cosplay, martial arts, music, cinema, art, food and more that we have never seen in Greece, in one place!
The Japanese Festival is organized by the Greek Association of Traditional Japanese Art and Culture in cooperation with the “Athens Bushido Center” under the auspices of the “Greek-Japanese Association” and the islands of UNESCO and Piraeus, and hosted by the Seraphion of the Municipality of Athens. We invite you to the unique festival of traditional and modern culture “Japanese Festival 2022”!
At the Japanese festival you will be able to see:
- 14 exhibitions of Japanese themes and art (kimono, bonsai, origami, sumi-e, photography, Japanese objects, presentation of works by street artist AITO KITAZAKI).
- 21 Japanese culture workshops (calligraphy, tea ceremony, sumi-e, origami, Japanese bookbinding, sushi, Japanese drumming, sumo, Japanese swordsmanship, etc.)
- 12 performances of Japanese culture on the main stage (music, dance, kimono, technique, cosplay, etc.)
- 8 performances on Japanese topics
- 4 live broadcasts from Japan
- 20 exhibitors on Japanese topics
- 20 Japanese artists and designers
- demonstrations of martial and other Japanese arts
- cosplay photo/video booth, cosplay workshop,
- cosplay parade
- Japanese retro and modern video games.
Be sure to follow the Japanese festival and don’t miss any news:
- Web site: www.japanfestival.gr
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/JapanFestivalGR
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/JapanFestival_GR
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/JapanFestivalGR
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCNzpbsqBkVBwTdJUwQ8ieGw
- Event on Facebook: https://fb.me/e/1EHXTjJQI
DAYS AND HOURS
Saturday 25 June and Sunday 26 June 2022
Start and end: 10:00 – 21:00
Two days: 6 €
One day: 4 €