Alleged Pakistani murderer of 17-year-old Nicoletta in police custody


The 22-year-old Pakistani who allegedly murdered 17-year-old Nicoletta in the bedroom of her home in the Athens neighbourhood of Peristeri on Monday night has been in the hands of the Greek Police since the early hours of Saturday morning.

Now the Pakistani man, misreported initially as a 30-year-old, is expected to be taken to the prosecutor's office.

The Minister of Citizen Protection, Takis Theodorikakos, wrote in his post: "The alleged perpetrator of the murder of seventeen-year-old Nicoleta in Athens is now in the hands of the Greek Police and will be brought to the competent prosecutor's office."

Another detail about tragedy was revealed by the victims mother, particularly about the dozens of threatening messages the teenager received that police allegedly found on her mobile phone.

As the 17-year-old’s mother pointed out, Nicoletta was receiving threats from her Pakistani partner and revealed that a few days ago she asked to break up with him, thus giving a potential reason why he allegedly killed her.

Speaking to the Alpha news bulletin, Nicoletta’s mother stated that “They weren’t fighting. She was fine, but lately she wanted to break up. She didn’t want it any more.”

Continuing, she does not hide her anger, stressing: “He killed my child and took my soul. I only ask for justice.”

Regarding the time of the murder, she revealed: “I was at work, we were working together. I called her on the phone and she didn’t pick up. She wasn’t answering.”

“I sent the guys from the store to see why she didn’t come to work and why she wasn’t answering. We could not enter the house because Nicoletta had the keys. At noon, before I left for work, I saw her. She was sleeping.

“I left at 4 o’clock in the afternoon. After 5 o’clock everything happened.”

Dozens of threatening messages

It seems that the 17-year-old had received dozens of threatening messages on her mobile phone from her 22-year-old partner, who was initially and falsely reported as being 30-years-old. The 22-year-old is considered the main suspect.

According to a report, these threatening messages emerged from the first retrieval of the 17-year-old’s mobile phone data by the officers of the Department of Prosecution of Crimes Against Life.

What follows is the most detailed exploration of the electronic evidence by the officers of the Criminal Investigation Department.

According to the report, these messages were sent a few days before her murder and after the girl told the Pakistani that she wanted to break up and asked for the keys of her house be returned.

The 22-year-old, whose traces are still being sought by police, seems to have become particularly aggressive and sent threats, refusing to break up.

It was previously reported that for a time the Pakistani man was living with Nicoletta, her sister and her mother, and for this reason he was given a key to the apartment.

Evidence from the forensic report showed a criminal act with death by suffocation. In addition to his two hands, the Pakistani also used a cloth to suffocate her.

The Pakistani was born on July 23, 2001, he has a height of 1.68 and his first name is Ahsan, initially reported as Sani/Sunni.

Nicoletta was raped at the age of 11

The 17-year-old’s father is inconsolable, while the revelations about what happened a few years ago to the young girl and her brother are shocking.

“I sit and look at pictures and I keep crying. A month ago we were having a good time, I had her in my arms,” he first said when speaking to ANT1. “My child can’t be brought back by anyone.”

He then revealed that the 17-year-old and his older son, when they were 11 and 8 years old respectively, in Makrohori where they grew up, were victims of systematic sexual abuse by three men, an 82-year-old now deceased paedophile and two Albanians, one who was dating Nicoletta’s mother.

The two Albanians were sentenced to many years in prison, but one remains a fugitive, believed to be in Germany.

Leading to the murder

During the ten months that the unfortunate girl maintained a bond with the young man, the fights between the couple were frequent and intense. This seems to have been the reason for the 17-year-old’s decision to end her relationship with the now wanted man.

The authorities in their attempt to locate him will look for the last trace of his mobile phone in the hope of being able to establish his escape route.

According to the forensic investigation, Nicoletta’s time of death is estimated at 6:00 p.m. on Monday , with the police being informed by her relatives at approximately 11:00 p.m. that same day.

During these five hours, the young man managed to take advantage and disappear, and despite police manhunt, he has not been located.

Lament at the last goodbye

Holding white flowers in their hands, the family and friends of the 17-year-old accompanied the minor girl to her resting place on Thursday.

In Veroia, where she grew up but left for Athens for a better life following her sexual abuse, the funeral service was held for Nicoletta who was tragically killed on Monday.

The 17-year-old fought her killer – Her nose and mouth were closed

The medical examiner, Georgios Dilernia, who performed the autopsy on the body of the unfortunate girl found that she had small abrasions on the left lateral nasal surface, on the left rhombus, on the left upper perioral area.

This shows that the perpetrator must have put his hand on the victim’s face and pressed his fingers and nails on her mouth and nose in order to take her life.

The bruises found on her right hand, probably from his fingers, reveal that the girl resisted and fought her killer until the last moment of her life.

Demands for the death penalty

The father of 17-year-old Nicoletta, who was found dead in her house in the western Athens neighbourhood of Peristeri, is asking for an exemplary punishment of the murderer of his daughter, believed to be a 22-year-old Pakistani – the death penalty.

At the same time, her younger sister, who was the first to find her dead, is devastated and cannot believe that she will never see her again.

“My child is not coming back, but whoever did this to her I want the death penalty. I want his people to cry, like we are crying today,” the father of young Nicoletta told Star.

“He had keys to the house, so since no signs of break-in were found and her mother and sister were not home, I believe he did it and when he is found he will be dealt with according to the law,” the 17-year-old’s father continued.

“I had seen him once. He hadn’t left an impression on me because I had told her to stop anyway. Both from this particular person and from these type of people in general”, said Mr. Karolidis.

At the same time, he noted that recently, every time he communicated with Nicoletta by phone, she sounded happy.

“We talked a week ago. We don’t talk all the time because I live far away but she hadn’t said anything to me nor had I noticed anything. She told me that she is having a good time and is happy. Her mother, who lives with her every day, will know better what the child was hiding,” he said.

READ MORE: What is “Love Jihad” that has arrived in Greece from Pakistan?