Yesterday's signing in Cairo of a Protocol between General Konstantinos Floros and his Egyptian counterpart Lieutenant General Osama Roshdi Askar regarding the study of Greek Officers at the NASSER Higher Military Academy and at the Egyptian Command and Staff School is another important step in deepening of bilateral relations between the two countries.
These relations have acquired a strategic character and cover the entire range of bilateral and multilateral cooperation.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs welcomes the signing of the Protocol in question, which adds to the series of bilateral agreements recently signed between the two countries, culminating in the agreement on the delimitation of the Exclusive Economic Zone, signed in August 2020 by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikos Dendias and his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shoukry.
Floros wrote about this on his personal Facebook account:
"A warm welcome to my Egyptian counterpart Lt Gen Osama Roshdo Askar."
- Issues of mutual interest with a particular emphasis on current international developments,
- The security challenges faced by Greece and Egypt in the Eastern Mediterranean, the Middle East and North Africa,
- The situation in Ukraine after the Russian invasion and the consequences in the security architecture of the wider region,
- The consequences of revisionism for security and stability and the role of Greece and Egypt in their consolidation,
- The close cooperation of our Armed Forces and its further deepening in all sectors, with an eye on our present and future joint actions and especially on the Greek-Egyptian Interbranch Exercise MEDOUSA-12, which is scheduled to take place from November 19 to 25 2022 in Egypt."
In the context of the meeting, the Heads of the General Staff of the two countries signed a cooperation protocol for the study of Greek officers at the Higher Military Academy NASSER and at the School of Management and Staff of Egypt.
- Is inextricably linked with the Military Cooperation Program of Greece and Egypt,
- It rewards the participation of Egyptian Officers in the respective Schools of our Country,
- It further strengthens the relations between Greece and Egypt in matters of education,
- It contributes to the strengthening of synergy and of the interoperability of the Armed Forces of Greece and Egypt,
- It demonstrates our strong common intention for the continuous deepening of our ties and cooperation."
READ MORE: Erdoğan’s delusions: “Greece is harassing us and is a pawn of foreign powers.”