French toast is one of the world’s most popular and desired brunch items and Flavours and Flair give it a Greek spin- by using ingredients that are featured in a traditional Baklava.
This delicious recipe includes walnuts, cinnamon, ground cloves, honey and a dash of fresh lemon juice- making it an ideal Saturday or Sunday morning experience!
- 8 x thick slices bread
- 4 x eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 x cup milk
- 1 x cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 x tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 x tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 x tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 x tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- organic honey for drizzling
- olive oil for cooking
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and milk and set aside.
- In a small bowl add cinnamon sugar, ground cinnamon and ground cloves, stir with spoon and set aside.
- Add olive oil to coat bottom of frying pan and allow to heat.
- Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Place egg coated slice into hot frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (on medium heat), or until golden brown.
- Repeat process till all slices have been cooked.
- Place French toast on to serving dish.
- Top each with walnuts, then lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and clove mixture.
- Drizzle with honey and a drop of lemon juice.