Clean Monday is approaching and the chances are that you will be flocking to taverns, family homes and villages to eat seafood, along with ouzo of course.
Before you do enjoy your ouzo, see what you should always keep in mind when drinking this Greek classic:
- Prefer it while it is still daylight and not after dark.
- Drink it cold, but not iced. 1-2 ice cubes are enough or cold water in ouzo.
- Like tsipouro, aways drink it with snacks and not on its own. Goes well with octopus, shrimps, squid or a platter with cheeses and charcuterie.
- Drink slowly. Each glass should last at least 1 hour.
- Don't drink it in a shot unless you want to pass out.
- Never drink it as an aperitif , digestif or with dinner.
READ MORE: Thessaloniki's Ultimate Valentine's Day Gift: The Pita Gyros Bouquet.